~ Adopted ~ Felted Orange Beret with Oakleaf
Sorry, but this Felted Orange Beret with Oakleaf has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Felted Orange Beret with Oakleaf is a hat that will remind you of autumnal leaves and rounded pumpkins - a perfect way to Wear the Seasons and have a bit of Fairy Style in your life.
• The hat is pumpkin orange in color with added interest from fuzzy, yellow mohair fibers and shiny orange-colored silk fibers.
• This beret is rounded on top like a pumpkin. A crescent moon shape has been sculpted in on one side and topstitched. At the very tip of the hat, there is a felted oakleaf on a stem. The leaf can bobble.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM-LARGE: fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• The hat measures 8" / 20cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.6 ounces / 102 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide gray-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
I've been wanting to adopt a hat from Felt Happiness for almost two years and I'm so glad to have found this one. It is perfect for a fall day and has brought me many compliments and warmth on chilly mornings.