Felted Pixie Cloche in Purple and Turquoise
This Felted Pixie Cloche in Purple and Turquoise is slightly playful and evokes the flower-filled gardens where pixies hide. As it covers your ears, it will keep you cozy and cute!
• The hat is richly colored in several shades of purple with turquoise blues.
• The cloche is shaped like that of a Kewpie Doll - do you remember them? It has a pointy bit on the top, like a cowlick of hair. It has a narrow brim that curves down low towards the back of the neck.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience, and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to Merino wool, this hat has hand-dyed, cotton fabric felted into the wool.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 9.5" / 24 cm in height and 9.5" / 24 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 4.4 oz. / 126 gm.
• Headsize LARGE : but, fits a range of 23" / 58.5 cm to 25" / 63.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray colored, grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat somewhat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.