~ Adopted ~ Felted Pixie Hood in Soft Colors
Sorry, but this Felted Pixie Hood in Soft Colors has already been adopted as part of the Handmade Arcade Virtual Market Auction. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Felted Pixie Hood in Soft Colors for wearing to Renaissance Faires and everyday affairs.
• This hat is predominately light blue, with pale pink and dusty gray wool. Accents of silver lace are nunofelted in on the sides and along the edge of the turnup.
• The hat is shaped like a pointed, pixie hood and has two long ties.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - should fit most adult heads.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship and comes with complimentary shipping within the USA.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.