~ Adopted ~ Felted Raspberry Beret
Sorry, but this Felted Raspberry Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Have you wanted to wear your own Felted Raspberry Beret? This is not the kind that you find at a second-hand store. It's a one-of-a-kind, handcrafted felted beret with saucy style.
• This hat is made from red-violet colored merino wool which ranges from soft magenta to darker maroon. Touches of peach come through as the innermost layer of wool is that warm color.
• This beret is asymmetrical with ten raised bumps on the tip of the hat. The edge of one side of the hat is topstitched to help add crispness and style.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon handstitched along the edge.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 2.8 oz. / 80 g.
• Headsize MEDIUM: fits a range of 22.25" / 57 cm to 22.75" / 57.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.