~ Adopted ~ Felted Red and Black Fedora with Geometric Pattern
Sorry, but this Felted Red and Black Fedora with Geometric Pattern has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Felted Red and Black Fedora with Geometric Pattern was inspired by Russian Constructivist poster designs which were popular in the early 20th century.
• This hat is red and decorated with felted in geometric patterning of black diagonal lines and white circles. The underside of the brim is a darker red-black.
• This felted fedora has a brim that curves up. The tip of the hat is topstitched in black thread.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 11' / 28 cm in brim width.
• HEADSIZE - It's a LARGE sized hat and fits a range of 22.5' / 57 to 23' / 58.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of medium-weight felt, at 4.3 oz / 123 gm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
I absolutely LOVE the hat -- I have not worn it yet because it has been too warm but soon I hope.
As per Customer Request Review Updated 02/27/2020
I would like to update my review.
I wear this hat when I know it is going to be cold. It is the only hat that keeps me warm. I absolutely love it and just ordered another one for spring (it looks like Earth Day). Thank you for your beautiful work.
Sharon, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely review! Wishing you much happiness wearing your new hat! With appreciation, Juliane