~ Adopted ~ Felted Red Beret with Curlicue - RESERVED for Diana
Sorry, but this Felted Red Beret with Curlicue has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Custom Felted Red Beret with Curlicue is RESERVED for Diana.
• This felted hat is cardinal red, with a swirl of brighter red spiraling up from the right side.
• This beret is slightly asymmetrical. It has a curlicue on top which has been stiffened with professional millinery stiffener.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there is a red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon encircling the edge.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.1 oz. / 87 g.
• Headsize SMALL: fits a range of 21.5" / 54.5 cm to 22" / 56 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
It's gorgeous! Love the curlique, shape, color, texture! All!
I posted a photo of it on Instagram and it now has over 800 'likes'!!!
A giant success. My instagram: dianagabrielnyc
Thank you again so very much for ordering your custom Red Beret. Am delighted that you love your hat and really very much appreciate how you shared it on Instagram and also reviewed on my website!
All the best,