~Adopted~ Felted Taupe Highland Cloche
While you could wear this Felted Taupe Highland Cloche on the subway, it (and you) also might be happy wearing it walking through the countryside. Stylish yet cozy, this chic felted hat will keep the wind out of your ears and your heart light.
This taupe brown hat has a narrow brim that's green underneath. On top of the hat, there are small green-colored circlets and three-dimensional dots of white wool - very reminiscent of sheep in the meadows.
• The hat is bell-shaped like a traditional bell-shaped cloche. Towards the front right side, the brim turns up revealing its underside. Along the edge of the brim, there's machine topstitching in green for decoration. The very tip of the hat also has pleat which is topstitched.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra-soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 10" / 26 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 3.6 oz. / 107 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: but, it fits a range of -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 24.5 / 62 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide black grosgrain ribbon band which has a drawstring. Pull on this to tighten and make smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.
Please contact me if you have any questions.