Felted Wearable Art Hat in Coral and Turquoise
This Felted Wearable Art Hat in Coral and Turquoise has a lovely rich color combination reminiscent of the way that copper turns to verdigris. Enjoy its sculptural qualities and unique colors. Think of the beauty of the blues of the Caribbean Sea as you wear this piece of colorful, felted fashion.
• This multi-colored, jewel-toned hat includes coral, apricot, copper, pale yellow, and turquoise blue fibers and fabrics. There are also sections of iridescent fabric and Royal blue sequins felted in. Where the brim edges 'kiss', there is a shiny turquoise blue 'pearl'.
• The felted hat has an asymmetrical brim that circles and swoops up and around like the flight of a joyous bird. Along the brim, there's turquoise blue topstitching to help hold its shape. The tip of the hat is decorated with a cup-shaped crater.
Like many in the Felted Gem series, this hat can be twisted and turned to your favorite front. Plus, it's packable!
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from soft Merino wool fibers, viscose fibers, sequins, Margilan silk, and iridescent fabrics, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It's a lighter weight thickness of felt and weighs 4.5 oz. / 128 gm.
• Size LARGE; it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.75" / 58.cm to 23.5" / 60 cm.
• With the Felted Gem Collection Hats, there isn't a millinery grosgrain ribbon sewn on the inside.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.