Felted Witch Hat with Iridescent Rainbow Dragon
Needing a unique felted hat for your next festival? This Felted Witch Hat with Iridescent Rainbow Dragon is both fun to wear and to look at. When you turn your head this way and that, the iridescence catches the light. Or you can mischievously peer out from under the wide brim, between the waving tentacles. As you look here and there, you will spot more details to entertain both you and your companions. Wear this artistic hat to music festivals, Renaissance Faires, and costume parties. Or if you prefer, enjoy this one-of-a-kind hat while taking walks out in the mist.
• Half of this hat is a very dark blue, almost black. While the other half of the hat is lighter colored, rainbow tones of candy floss pinks, tangerine oranges, lime greens, and lavender purples. Upon this section, black lines of hand-painted tracery, loop in a sinuous, dragon-like manner. The brim of the hat has three transparent iridescent fabric windows felted in. Sections of the stylized dragon have iridescent lace fabric felted in catch the eye. Speaking of eyes, at the very tip of the hat there are two green dragon's eyes sewn in.
• The hat has a unique curving shape, where the tip of the hat loops around. On the rainbow side of the hat, there are fringed fins to represent the scales of a dragon. Along the edge of the brim, there are seven fingers.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from superfine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt. In addition, there are silk and iridescent fabrics felted in for delightful shine and texture.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 19" / 48 cm in height and 15" / 38 cm in width.
• It's a mediumweight thickness of felt and weighs 8.8 oz. / 250 gm.
• Size SMALL: it fits a small headsize - 21.25" / 54 cm to 22" / 56 cm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Due to this hat's construction, please limit cleansing to spot cleaning with a damp cloth.
You can, of course, wear it in the rain. After all, felt is made with soap and water yet naturally resists water. However, if your hat gets drenched, please dry it by sitting over a wine bottle so that the brim can retain its shape.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.