Fishtail Inspired Yellow Beret
This Fishtail Inspired Yellow Beret will hopefully bring brightness to your day because of its bright and sunny coloring.
• This hat is made of various shades of yellow-colored wool. There is also yellow silk chiffon felted in along the sides.
• The hat looks like a conical beret with a stylized fishtail on top. There's topstitching all along the edge to give crispness to the shape. Additionally, there is professional millinery stiffener on the tips of the fishtail.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 3" wide, purple-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon with a drawstring which you can use to adjust the size/fit of the hat.
• Headsize SMALL to MEDIUM: fits a range of 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.5 ounces / 100 grams.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.