~Adopted~ Flaming Orange Felted Pixie Hood
Seeking a felted wearable that matches your inner flame? This Flaming Orange Felted Pixie Hood is a piece of Wearable Art that is both impressive and easy: it is sculptural in form and also lightweight. Depending upon your approach to fire, wearing this hood, you may feel like a slightly mischievous elf or a wise witch who is at one with Fire. Either way, you will be wearing a one-of-a-kind piece of headwear.
• The interior of the hat is a fairly solid bright yellow. While the outside of the hat is a mixture of delicious warm yellows and fiery oranges.
• The hood has a pointed shape with pointy, flame-like felted extensions that run vertically up the hat. The back of the hat has four small flames along the 'spine'. The brim of the hood turns outward, charmingly framing the wearer's face. Additionally, there are two felted cords that you can either tie or leave hanging down.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt. In addition to the wool, there are shiny Viscose fibers felted in.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - FITS MOST GROWNUP HEADS. If you have a large head, the hat will sit up higher than if you have a small-sized head. The model has a 22.25" head size.
• The hat measures 17" / 43 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width.
• The two felted cords each measure 12" / 30.5 cm from top to the base of the flame.
• It is mediumweight felt, weighing 4.4 oz / 126 gm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• If needed, this hood can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
A sister fantasy hood in teal green, can be found here.