~ Adopted ~ Fun, Sculptural Purple and Red Felted Hat
Sorry, but this Purple Felted Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This sculptural, multicolored hat is a one-of-kind piece of wearable art. Its bright colors and playful shape will help keep the winter blues at bay.
Where can you wear it? It might be fun to wear while watching the ball come down at New Year's Eve or to brighten your early morning commute. In addition to being fun, it's also warm because it's felted from Merino wool.
• The hat is bright purple with dots of tiny yellow wool, along with turquoise and lavender-colored silk fibers. The under brim section is paler purple with bright red stripe curving along the edge of the brim.
• This hat has an organic, sculptural shape with curving pleats decorating the tip. These have been topstitched with red thread to help hold the hat's shape.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, woolen felt naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 10" / 26 cm in height and 10" / 26 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 4.5 oz. / 136 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM-SMALL & it fits a range of -- 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.25" / 56 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's an adjustable gray colored grosgrain ribbon that has a drawstring that can be pulled to adjust the hat to be smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.