Gray Gotland Wool Felted Wizard Hat
Somewhat playful, this Gray Wizard Hat will remind you of wood sprites and forest elves. While it is tall, it is light and easy to wear -- although, not in the car.
• This hat is made of natural gray, Gotland sheep wool and has a lovely texture and color. Multiple, vertical 'slashes' give a bark-like texture.
• The hat is tall, with a twisting movement similar to a piece of driftwood. The edge of the brim is irregular, with eight triangular 'petals.'
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from a combination of coarse Gotland Wool fiber and soft Merino wool fibers. The inner layers use the Merino so that the hat is not scratchy.
The hat is made using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of massaging and kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
• The hat measures 17" / 43 cm in height and 15" / 38 cm in width at the base of the brim.
• It is a thick felt and weighs 9.4 oz. / 268 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of head sizes -- 22.25"/ 56.5 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon which can be adjusted to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.