~ Adopted ~ Gray Felted Cloche with Seashell Layered Brim
Sorry, but this Gray Felted Cloche with Seashell Layered Brim has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Gray Felted Cloche with Seashell Layered Brim is simple and elegant and will keep you cozy and comforted as you walk beside the foggy sea or along the busy boulevards.
• This felted cloche hat contains several shades of cool and warm grays, including a warm taupe.
• This hat has a rounded cloche shape, with layers of felt swirling around the face. The tip of the hat has machine topstitching. The turned-up brim undulates around the head.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 10.5" / 27 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.4 ounces / 153 grams.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a medium-large-sized hat and fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23" / 58.5cm. There's an adjustable ribbon on the inside that you use to snug down the hat further.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.