~ Adopted ~ Gray Gotland Wool Beret with Purple Ruffle
Sorry, but this Gray Felted Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this beret, please contact me.
Some hats shout loudly and say 'Look at Me,' while other hats are quieter. This Gray Gotland Wool Beret with Purple Ruffle is the latter group. However, upon closer inspection, you can see that this beret is as gorgeous as its extroverted Hat-Cousins. It has a subtle and rich coloration of grays and purples and a sculptural shape.
• Natural gray, Gotland wool gives a heather-ed color to this hat. The inner layers are made from a softer, plum-colored Merino wool, which makes the hat easier to wear and richer in color. The hat is decorated with a 2.5"/ 6cm wide ruffle or 'wave' that runs diagonally from the front to the back. This ruffle is edged in purple wool and silk fibers. Next to the ruffle, is a smaller pleat that is topstitched and runs parallel. On the hat's front focal area, above the eyes, is a purple 'C' made from nunofelted violet-colored, silk chiffon fabric.
• From above, this beret has an oval shape and is longer than it is wide. From the sides, it is quite a sculptural hat.
With all FeltHappiness Hats, you can twist and turn the hat so that the front is shifted and the focal point is 'off to the side' - it's up to you. There's no right or wrong way, as long as a hat is comfortable.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Gotland wool and finer Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 5" / 13 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium-light thickness of felt and weighs 3 oz. / 85 gm.
• Headsize LARGE & it fits a range of -- 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23" / 58,3.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray-colored grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.