Gray Gotland Wool Felted Top Hat
This natural gray, Gotland wool Top Hat is a little bit quirky and will remind you of long walks in the forest. Or wear it in town to remind you of the trees.
• The hat has heathered tones of gray which come from the Gotland wool that it's made from. Multiple vertical 'slashes' on the sides of the hat look like bark and give the hat a rustic feel.
• The hat is a medium height and has a top hat silhouette. There are five small tabs encircling the tip of the hat, making it almost look like a castle.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from a soft Gotland Wool. On the innermost layers, there is superfine 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber. This hat is made using the technique of wet felting. It's an ancient and simple craft that takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in heavy rain.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a thick felt and weighs 6.7 oz. / 190 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: but, it fits a range of medium to large -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.75" / 60 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches centimeters is fine.