~ Adopted ~ Gray Wide Brimmed Felted Hat with Organic Layers
Sorry, but this Gray Wide Brimmed Felted Hat with Organic Layers has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Gray Wide Brimmed Felted Hat with Organic Layers inspired by walking alongside the Pacific Ocean in the early morning fog.
• This hat has several shades of gray, with an accent of sea breeze blue along the hat's edge. On one side of the hat, gray bamboo fibers and pale blue tendrils of wool are felted in.
• This felted hat has an organic-shaped crown and a wide brim that curves away from the face like petals on a flower.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width, with the brim being 4" / 10 cm at its widest.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 7.1 ounces / 201 grams.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of 22.75" / 57.5 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm. There's an adjustable ribbon on the inside.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.