~ Adopted ~ Green and Orange Felted Top Hat with Vertical Ruffles
Sorry, but this Green and Orange Felted Top Hat with Vertical Ruffles has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this beret, please contact me.
Wearing this Green and Orange Felted Top Hat with Vertical Ruffles is like being kissed with dappled sunlight when walking through the forest. It's a multi-colored, lightweight and easy-to-wear hat that will coordinate with your wardrobe from the fall through the spring.
• The hat's colors include a wide range of woodsy greens, from spring to forest green. Scattered among the green is a beautiful, soft cantaloupe color. In addition, there are bits of maroon-purple colors. All of the colors combine to remind you of sunlight dancing through autumn leaves.
• The shape of this hat is that of a top hat with a narrow brim. Three vertical, undulating ruffles are felted into the front. These add a bit of organic feel to the hat.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 10.5" / 26.5 cm in width.
• It is a lightweight thickness felt and weighs 4.8 oz. / 137 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: but, it fits a range of small to medium -- 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.25" / 56.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
I am absolutely in love with the hat that I adopted at the Chautauqua Craft Show.