Indigo Snowflake Felted Beret
Here's a large diameter, Indigo Snowflake Felted Beret so that you can have snow ALL winter long. A Scandinavian inspired design even if you live elsewhere. (For a hat with a smaller diameter, see HERE.)
• This hat is a deep indigo blue with white snowflake tracery made with felted in Bamboo fibers. On this hat, the tip of the motif's 'arrows' point outwards.
• This beret is fairly flat and shaped like a wide saucer with an over-sized, graphic snowflake decorating the top.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - SMALL to MEDIUM and fits a range of 21.75" / 56 cm to 22.25" / 56.5 cm.
• The hat measures 4" / 10 cm in height and 12.5" / 32 cm in width.
• Inside the hat, there's a black-colored, grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship and includes complimentary shipping.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.