Iridescent White Ruffle Beret
This Iridescent White Ruffle Beret is simple and elegant. It's rather like a rare seashell, that upon closer inspection, reveals its lustrous beauty. Or perhaps it is like a beautiful felted bubble!
• The hat appears to be white but is actually a richer palette of soft pastel tones: like those of a soap bubble - pearly pink, minty green, and misty blue. In the front, there is an aquamarine blue, glass bead which is the focal point. The edge of the hat is machine topstitched to add to the sculptural shape. In addition, to add to the bubble feeling, there are two tiny circles topstitched near the aquamarine bead.
• The hat is shaped like a traditional beret but has an undulating, organic-shaped ruffle that goes over the top of the hat.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from a soft, 21-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain,
• The hat measures 4.75" / 12 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• Headsize SMALL & it fits a range of -- 20.75" / 53 cm to 21.5" / 54.5cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a one inch wide, turquoise-colored, grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.