~Adopted~ Ivory and Sepia Cloche Hat
Ivory and Sepia Cloche Hat with organic, swirling lines. This felted hat is classic but somewhat playful and has been named 'The Doodle Hat.' If your were someone who as a child doodled, then you know how fun it was (or is) to let your lines flow where they may!
• The hat is made of white Merino wool and is decorated with hand-painted, swirling spirals of sepia-brown fabric dye which follows the curves of silk fabric ribbons that are felted in.
• This felted hat is shaped like a cloche with a narrow turned up brim that has a curving tab on the left side. Of course, you can twist and turn the hat so that the tab is centered or off to the other side. On the very top of the hat, there is a pointy bit.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience, and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to Merino wool, this hat has silk fibers and fabric felted into the wool.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 9.5" / 24 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 5.4 oz. / 153 gm.
• Headsize LARGE : but, fits a range of 22.75" / 58 cm to 24" / 61 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray colored, grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat somewhat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.