~ Adopted ~ Jewel Toned Blue and Purple Bucket Hat
Sorry, but this Jewel Toned Blue and Purple Bucket Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Can a maker have favorites? This Jewel-Toned Blue and Purple Bucket Hat is one of mine. Originally, the inspiration for the hat was a painting of Monet's - 'Morning on the Seine, near Giverny'. However, as I felted in the fibers, the image became more abstract. Now, you might not see the trees and riverbank, but you can imagine them.
Where to wear this hat? Oh, just about anywhere! How about to the Metropolitan Museum of Art where the painting hangs? Or perhaps closer to home, for a walk along a soothing river?
• This hat's colors are truly divine: there are blues, ranging from Deep Prussian to Palest Turquoise. And there are purples, ranging from intense to delicate.
• The hat has a sort of bucket-like shape with a spiral of topstitching around the crown. On the sides, there are clusters of grape-like shapes that dangle artistically, adding a kinetic element - great for dancing.
Watch this video to see -
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from superfine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt. In addition, there is Margilan Silk fabric felted in for delightful shine and texture.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 8.5" / 21.5 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It's a heavyweight thickness of felt and weighs 6.2 oz. / 176 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of large to extra large headssizes - 23" / 58.5 cm to 24" / 61 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a turquoise-colored, grosgrain ribbon to give a professional finish.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.