~ Adopted ~ Large Size Felted Kiwi Hat
Sorry, but this Large Size Felted Kiwi Hat has already been adopted. There is another Large Kiwi Beret over here. And there is a Medium, here. If you would like a different size of this hat, please contact me.
Feel Like Having More Fun? Wear this Felted Kiwi Hat and know that you will feel berry-good! Yes, it's a botanical joke as the kiwi fruit is technically considered a berry. Yes, it's all down to the seeds, which this hat naturally has - well, seeds made of wet felted Merino wool. Perfect for when you need to add a pop of kawaii style to your day!
• This felted beret has the fuzzy brown color of a Kiwi Fruit. On top, the hat is cheerful, bright green with white in the center.
• This hat is flat on top, with wide sides. If you like, you can wear the hat farther back on your head, or tilted at an angle for a retro look. Or you can twist it on your head so that the hat has a narrower profile, similar to a flight attendant's hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool, in addition to a fuzzier, natural Gotland wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 5" / 12.5 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.2 ounces / 91 grams.
• Headsize LARGE: it's medim-large-sized hat and fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This Kiwi-Inspired Beret is ready-to-ship. Price includes delivery within the United States.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.