~ Adopted ~ Lavender Green Curlicue Beret
Sorry, but this Lavender Green Curlicue Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Oh, to be strolling alongside a slow-moving, river in the morning. Wearing this felted Lavender Green Curlicue Beret you can imagine that you have just transported from one of Monet's paintings-- perhaps, his 'Morning on the Seine near Giverny'? (You can see it HERE at the Metropolitan Museum of Art).
• This hat has the colors of a Monet painting: a lovely mixture of soft, pastel colors, including pale purple, celadon, and lime green.
• The beret is shaped like a Hershey's Kiss with a felted curlicue spiraling towards the front. This curl has been stiffened to help hold its shape. Along the front edge, the hat has been machine-topstitched to add style.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - MEDIUM, and fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• The hat measures 8.5" / 21 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• The inside of the hat is finished off with a 1" wide, turquoise-colored grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship, with complimentary shipping within the USA.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Fabulous, beautiful, wonderful and FUN - plus super fast shipping. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase 💖 thank you for your beautiful work