Light Blue Felted Bucket Hat with Chevron Pattern
This Light Blue Felted Bucket Hat with Chevron Pattern is a straightforward and simple hat that has a simple shape and minimal patterning - with the exception of the front, which is decorated with two sparkly chevron shapes. It's an example of a minimalist approach mixed with a dash of embellishment - perfect for multiple hat-wearing occasions.
• This hat is a pale baby blue with touches of darker blue and celery green. On the front of the hat, there are pieces of Nuno felted in aqua-blue, iridescent fabric. In the making of the hat, the wool shrinks, whereas, the fabric does not. This results in the pleasing crinkled texture of the chevron shapes.
• This hat has a tapered, bucket-like shape with a narrow brim. The tip of the hat angles downward. Along the back edge of the tip, there is a half-crescent of topstitching.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM to LARGE: fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• The hat measures 9.5" / 24 cm in height and 10.5" / 27 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.7 ounces / 143 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide purple-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.