~Adopted~ Lime Green and Hot Pink Brimmed Hat
Do you need an accessory that will add a Hot Pink pop of color to your day, outfit or life? Well, this Lime Green and Hot Pink Brimmed Hat will certainly give you lots of pleasure. Just gazing at its richly colored and textured surface should entertain you for most of an afternoon. And we all need a bit of pretty, at the moment!
• This hat's colors range from chartreuse-y, lime green to fiery, hot pink. The colors come from silk and iridescent fabrics and shiny viscose fibers that are felted into the Merino wool. Plus, there is a delicious scattering of pale, pink sequins felted in to add excitement! At the tip of the hat, there's even silk velvet felted into a crater!
• The hat has a shape like Mercury's Hat, which resembles a narrow-brimmed Fedora crossed with a Pith Helmet. Only much prettier! There are three sculptural ridges that run lengthwise along the top of the hat. These are top-stitched in green. Additionally, there's topstitching around the brim of the hat that decorates and helps hold the shape.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from soft Merino wool fibers, silk fabrics, and viscose fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 12.5" / 32 cm in width.
• It's a lighter weight thickness of felt and weighs 3.8oz. / 109 gm.
• Size MEDIUM-LARGE; it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• With the Gem Collection Hats, there isn't a millinery grosgrain ribbon sewn on the inside.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.