~ Adopted ~ Long and Winding Road Felted Witch Hat
Sorry, but this Long and Winding Road Felted Witch Hat has already been adopted. It's a One of a Kind Hat and will not be recreated. But, perhaps you may find another enticing hat in my Wizard Hat Section?
This Long and Winding Road Felted Witch Hat is a one-of-a-kind hat for a special person who likes a bit of whimsy in their life. It's actually quite comfortable and easy to wear so it certainly can be worn throughout the chillier months. Of course, it would also be a unique witch hat for Halloween!
The origins of this magical hat came from this year's BeanieFestival in Alice Springs, Australia. The theme of the festival was 'music' and I responded with a hat inspired by the Beatles' song "The Long and Winding Road." However, you can imagine many other songs that might suit the hat.
Back in May, I wrote a blog post about this and another Road-inspired hat. Additionally, you can see a photo of the hat in Australia on the BeanieFestival's Instagram. Yes, the hat has flown to and from Australia!
• The hat's colors are various shades of greens with a black and yellow road.
• This hat is tall and pointed with a narrow brim that curves upward. It has a felted pine tree on one side of it.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool and coarser gray Gotland wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 15" / 38 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 8 oz / 228 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of (22.25" / 57 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm). There's an adjustable ribbon on the inside to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.