Medium Sized Felted Kiwi Beret
Needing More Play in your Day? This adorable, Medium-Sized, Felted Kiwi Beret will give you inner and outer smiles when you wear it. Naturally, those that you encounter will also enjoy seeing this whimsical wool hat.
• This felted beret is a fuzzy brown color like that of a Kiwi Fruit. On top of the hat, it's bright green and white and black, representing a kiwi fruit.
• This hat is flat on top, with a wide side. You can wear the hat pitched farther back on your head, or tilted at an angle for a retro look. If you like, you can twist it on your head so that the hat has a narrower profile, similar to a vintage flight attendant's hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool, in addition to a fuzzier, natural Gotland wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 4.5" / 11 cm in height and 12" / 20.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 2.5 ounces / 72 grams.
• Headsize MEDIUM: it's medium-small -sized hat and fits a range of 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This Kiwi-Inspired Beret is ready-to-ship. Price includes delivery within the United States.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.