~ Adopted ~ Mustard Yellow Felted Beret with Curlicue - Large Size
Sorry, but this Mustard Yellow Felted Beret with Curlicue - Large Size, has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This tasty Mustard Yellow Felted Beret with Curlicue will add some zest to your autumn wardrobe.
• This color is a rich, warm yellow made from combining four different color wool: a different one for each layer. On the innermost layer, there is an Aubergine Purple. Next, there is a Mallard Green, and then a bright yellow. Finally, there is warm mustard yellow. Due to the nature of felmaking, the colors combine optically.
• The hat has a conical shape with a cute, felted curlicue at the very tip. To keep its shape, the curl has been stiffened with professional millinery stiffener.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - LARGE and fits a range of 23 " / 58.5 cm to 23.5" / 60 cm.
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 12.5" / 32 cm in width.
• It is medium weight felt, weighing 3.9 oz / 111 gm.
• Inside the hat, there's a brown-colored, grosgrain ribbon to give a professional finish.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.