~ Adopted ~ Ombre Coral and Gray Felted Hat with Nunofelt
Sorry, but this Ombre Coral and Gray Felted Hat with Nunofelt has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Ombre Coral and Gray Felted Hat with Nunofelt is a special, yet subtle hat for when you want to fly under the radar, but still, want to shine.
• The base of the hat is fiery coral orange, transitioning to an ombre cool gray. The underside of the brim has hand-dyed, orange-colored silk ribbon Nuno felted in.
• This hat has a fedora shape with a tilted crown. The tip and brim of the hat are topstitched in orange.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize LARGE: fits a range of 22.75" / 57.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 19 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.3 ounces / 121 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide gray-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.