~ Adopted ~ Orange and Black Oakleaf Felted Hat
Sorry, but this Orange and Black Oakleaf Felted Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Orange and Black Oakleaf Felted Hat will help you hold on to the colors of Autumn, even when the leaves have dropped from the trees.
• This hat is a deep red-orange color with black and red on the under the brim, nearest to the face. There are shiny orange silk fibers felted in on the top that help gives the illusion of the veins of a leaf.
• This asymmetrical, felt hat is shaped like an over-sized oak leaf. The stem is stitched down.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• The hat measures 7" / 17.5 cm in height and 19" / 48 cm in length.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.4 oz. / 154 g.
• Headsize SMALL: fits a range of 21.5" / 54.5 cm to 22" / 56 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.