~ Adopted ~ Orange and Turquoise Felted Top Hat
Sorry, but this Orange and Turquoise Felted Top Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This one-of-a-kind, Wearable Art Hat evokes fiery sunsets and mid-century modern apartment buildings. Wear it and keep your ears and head cozy. Plus, wear it knowing that you are wearing a unique piece of art.
• The hat has an ombre color transition from orange at the tip, down to a turquoise blue at the brim. There's topstitching in turquoise on the tip the crown which helps to keep the hat's shape.
• The hat has a top hat silhouette with five rounded window shapes that run vertically down the right side.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 10.5" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 6.8 oz. / 194 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: but, it fits a range of medium to large -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 24" / 61 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!