Orange Colored Beret with Felted Seed Pod
This Orange Colored Beret with Felted Seed Pod is a cheerful and bright hat that helps you embrace summer warmth at least in your heart.
• The hat's colors are orange like that of a California Poppy flower. There is a touch of yellow from felted in silk fibers and fabric.
• The hat has a beret shape. On top of the hat, there's a long, organically shaped pod that circles toward itself.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 4" / 10 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.2 oz. / 91 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of 22.75" / 58 to 23.75" / 60.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.