~ Adopted ~ Orange Las Vegas Creamsicle Headdress with Giant Flower on Top
Sorry, but this very special, one-of-a-kind, Vegas Creamsicle Headdress has been Adopted. If you cannot sleep, yet dream of this hat, we can chat about creating a special, custom hat for You! Please contact me.
This Orange Las Vegas Creamsicle Headdress with Giant Flower on Top is a piece of felted millinery which I created for London Hat Week 2019. You can read about here, on my blog.
• The hat's colors orange and cream.
• Very, very tall headdress that rests upon the head with an oversized, whimsical flower that I created out of felt.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. In addition, this hat has a wire armature to support the flower, plus millinery stiffener.
Feltmaking is an ancient and simple craft that takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat is sized MEDIUM and fits a 22.25" headsize.
• It is a heavy thickness of felt and weighs quite a bit!
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.