~ Adopted ~ Pale Blue Felted Cloche with Fishtail
Sorry, but this Pale Blue Felted Cloche with Fishtail has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Pale Blue Felted Cloche with Fishtail evokes memories of swimming in warm seas. Ir's pretty colors will help lighten your winter.
• This pastel-colored, hat is a muted, pale blue. Under the brim, the color is more baby blue with brighter turquoise-colored silk fibers decorating the hat. On the fin, there is Nuno felted in pieces of iridescent, aqua-blue fabric.
• The hat has a rounded crown with a narrow, upturned brim that widens and becomes a stylized fishtail.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM to LARGE: fits a range of 23.5" / 57 cm to 23.75" / 60 cm.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 19 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.1 ounces / 115 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide purple-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.