Pastel Unicorn Style Felted Hat
This Pastel Colored Unicorn Hat is a one-of-a-kind, fantasy hat. It hints at unicorns, but has neither eyes nor ears. Nonetheless, it embodies the magic of fairy tales, with its pale color, pointy horned silhouette, and iridescent side insets.
In addition, to its beauty, it's lightweight and easy to wear. Plus, it will cuddle your head, keeping it cozy and warm because it's made of extra-fine, soft Merino wool.
• This hat is colored like a pale rainbow and contains shades of purple, pink, orange, green, and white. The underside of the brim is lavender-colored. In addition, there are iridescent, purple fabric decorations.
• The hat is shaped like a pointed gnome's hat with a narrow, turned up brim. The brim measures 1.5" / 4 cm. Along each side of the hat are five insets of iridescent, felted-in fabric. The front and back of the hat also have an inset, over which curly, white locks sprout - kind of like a mustache or a horse's mane.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft superfine Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of massaging and kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
• The hat measures 20" / 51 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 9.4 oz. / 268 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of head sizes -- 22.25"/ 56.5 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring which can be adjusted to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. However, due to this hat's construction, please limit cleansing to spot cleaning with a damp cloth.
You can, of course, wear it in the rain - after all, felt is made with soap and water but naturally resists water. However, if it gets drenched, please dry your hat by sitting it over a wine bottle so that the brim can retain its shape.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE:
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of the ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.