Pink Pastel Colored Newsboy Hat
This Pink Pastel Colored Newsboy Hat is a fun and funky festival hat, yet quite wearable for everyday life.
• The color is a pinky lavender, with touches of gray. The innermost layer is a salmon-red.
• The shape is reminiscent of a Rastafarian cap crossed with a newsboy cap. Encircling the top part of the hat, are five felted circles. On the left side, by the face, are two more. And there are loads more of textures with the addition of nunofelted silk fabric and bamboo fibers.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
For a professional finish, a grey millinery grosgrain ribbon is hand-stitched around the inside.
• The hat measures 10" / 25.5 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt.
• Headsize SMALL: it's a small-sized hat and fits a range of (20.75" / 52.5 cm to 21.5" / 54.5 cm).
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
• Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
• If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.