~ Adopted ~ Playful Blue Gray Beret with Curlicue Stem
Sorry, but this Playful Blue Gray Beret with Curlicue Stem has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Playful Blue Gray Beret with Curlicue Stem has a bit of whimsy to it. Wear it when you want your inner pixie to shine.
• This felted hat is blue-gray with various shades of blues, spiraling around the curlicue.
• The hat has a conical beret shape with a spiral curlicue stem on its tip.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Professional millinery stiffener is hand-painted on the curlicue to help hold its curl.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 19 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
The curlicue adds a bit more height - 3" / 7.5 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.8 oz / 107 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of (22.75" / 58 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm).
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.