Purple and Gray, Gotland Wool Brimmed Hat with Ruffles
This feminine, Purple and Gray, Brimmed Hat with waving Ruffles is fun to wear as you can peek out from under the brim.
• The colors of this felted hat are very subtle because there are two types of wool - Merino and Gotland. On the inside of the hat is a vibrant, orchid purple, Merino. Whereas, on the outside of the hat, it's predominately gray from natural, Gotland Wool. The two types of wool felt together to create a beautiful shade of purple-gray on the outside. On the underside of the brim, there are stripes of dark purple, bright purple, and orchid purple which prettily frame your face.
• This hat has a rounded crown on top, with a pixie-like point towards the left side. Radiating around the point are a series of three wavy ruffles that are edged in lilac-colored, silk fibers.
The brim undulates and varies in width - at its widest, it's 2.25" / 5.5 cm.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool and also coarser Gotland wool using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in rain.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm at its widest point.
• It is a thick felt and weighs 6.1 oz. / 175 gm.
• Headsize EXTRA LARGE: and, it fits a range of large to extra large -- 23.5" / 59.5 cm to 25.5" / 64.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape crown, keeping in mind the curves of the brim. Then, air dry.
HOW to MEASURE YOUR HEAD SIZE:
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. If you wear eyeglasses, be sure to measure while wearing them.
An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters is fine.