~ Adopted ~ Purple and Green Felted Fig Hat
Sorry, but this Purple and Green Felted Fig Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Want to remember the juicy warmth of the summer? Try on this Purple and Green Felted Fig Hat. Its delicious ombre of colors will delight your winter walks.
• This hat is made from soft, purple and chartreuse green-colored felted wool. Green silk fibers decorate the sides and add a bit of shine.
• The hat really does look like its inspiration - a ripe purple fig that has a green stem.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon with a drawstring. Pull-on to make the hat smaller.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 9 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width. The stem is 2.5" / 6 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.8 oz. / 107 g.
• Headsize MEDIUM to LARGE: fits a range of 22.25" / 57 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.