Purple and Orange Felted Top Hat Inspired by Monet Painting
This stunning, felted top hat was inspired by a painting by the Impressionist artist, Claude Monet. It takes its glowing colors from his painting of the British Houses of Parliament. Like all of his work, the colors glow amazingly. Similarly, in the hat, the colors are particularly rich and vibrant.
You can wear this Wearable Art Hat anywhere - while strolling in the city or relaxing in the country. It will keep you warm and stylish.
• The hat is multicolored and has an ombre transition from blue-violet at the tip, down to a salmon-orange at the brim. In between, there are shades of lavender, navy blue, peach, and orange. There's topstitching in purple on the tip the crown which helps to keep its shape.
• The hat has a top hat shape with three undulating ruffles that run vertically down the front.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in rain.
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 10.5" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 7.3 oz. / 209 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: but, it fits a range of small to medium -- 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.