Purple Fig Hat Medium Large
Have you ever eaten a fresh purple fig? This playful Purple and Green Fig Hat will help remind you of travels in Italy - whether real or imagined. And instead of eating the fruit, you can BE the Fruit - a Fig. This particular felted hat is on the medium-large side. If you need another size, please see here for other Fruit Hats.
• The color of this felted hat is deep purple with lighter violet and green shading. The stem of the hat is an olive green
• The hat has a fig-like shape with a tall stem on its pointed tip that tilts backward. You can twist the hat on your head slightly to change the direction of the stem.
Depending upon your head size, this hat may or may not cover your ears. With a smaller head size, it covers.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 1" wide, black-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 9.5" / 24 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.1 oz. / 87 gm.
• Headsize LARGE & it fits a range of -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 22.75" / 58 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship, with complimentary shipping within the United States.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.