Red and White Mushroom Beret with Nunofelted Gills
This Red and White Mushroom Beret with Nunofelted Gills is a playful hat. It has bits of perky cotton fabric popping around the face which gives it a historic look - think of all those old paintings with women wearing frilled caps!
• This hat is red with white from Nuno felted fabrics.
• The hat is shaped like a beret and has cotton fabric nunofelted into the sides which look like gills. Some of the fabric pokes out like an old fashioned mop cap.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 1" wide, red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• The hat measures 4" / 10 cm in height and 11" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.8 oz. / 107 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM & it fits a range of -- 22.25" / 57 cm to 22.75" / 57.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.