Red Felted Witch Hat with Spiral Point
This sculptural Red Felted Witch Hat with Spiral Point can be worn through the holiday of Halloween AND Christmas! Its iconic candy cane coloring makes it a fun statement hat for two Seasons.
• The hat has various hues of scarlet red, with darker and lighter variations due to the multiple colors of red Merino wool. Spiraling around the hat is a curving band of thin, white stripes.
• The hat has a witchy shape, with a pointed tip. But, there is, of course, a unique twist. The hat candy stripes corkscrew up to the point. The hat can be worn with the widest part of the brim to the right. Or, you can turn and twist it until you find your own happy way to wear it!
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from superfine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 17" / 43 cm in height and 12.5" / 32cm in width, with the brim being 1.75" / 4.5 cm at its widest point.
• It's a heavyweight thickness of felt and weighs 10.7 oz. / 303 gm.
• Size MEDIUM: it fits a medium to large headsize - 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23 / 58.5 cm.
Inside the hat, there is a wide grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to snug down the hat, if needed.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Due to this hat's construction, please limit cleansing to spot cleaning with a damp cloth.
You can, of course, wear it in the rain. After all, felt is made with soap and water yet naturally resists water. However, if your hat gets drenched, please dry it by sitting over a wine bottle so that the brim can retain its shape.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of your ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions or want to look at this hat LIVE on Instagram or Facebook, please contact me.