~ Adopted ~ Red Top Hat with White Stripes
Sorry, but this Red Top Hat with White Stripes has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Red Top Hat with White Stripes balances classiness, due to its top hat shape, with being playful because of its energetic, vertical white stripes. Think of it as an original interpretation of the whimsical, Dr. Seuss 'Cat in the Hat' Hat!
• The hat is cherry red in color with shiny, white, vertical stripes made from felted-in bamboo fibers.
• This is a fairly tall top hat with a narrow brim. The tip of the hat is curved, a bit like the Cat in the Hat's.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in rain.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 19 cm in height and 10.5" / 26.5cm in width. The brim is narrow at 1.5" / 4 cm.
• It is a medium to thick, thickness felt and weighs 6.27 oz. / 176 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: it fits a range of medium-large to large -- 22.75" / 58 cm to 23.75 / 60 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.