~ Adopted ~ Red Valentines Heart Top Hat
Sorry, but this Red Valentines Heart Top Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This heart-themed, berry red top hat will make hearts fly out of your eyes and also keep you warm. Perfect for Valentine's and for keeping some Red Hat love in your life!
• The hat is ruby red with darker and paler pink accents from wool fiber, bamboo fiber, fabric, and yarn. There's a heart-shaped decoration of shiny, white nuno-felted in organza fabric on the front. Cream-colored yarn loops across the bottom side of the brim.
• The hat has a modified top hat shape, with a pointy cone on the top.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 6" / 23 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 4.1 oz. / 117 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: but, it fits a range of small to medium -- 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, black grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!