~ Adopted ~ Replacement Orange Felted Beret for Lost in Post Custom Order
Sorry, but this Orange Felted Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Replacement Orange Felted Beret for Lost Custom Order which is Reserved for Mrs. M. Original Custom Hat ~was mailed out August 10th~. But, it has been in limbo with the US Post Office since August 17th. Today is September 14th. Hence, I've re-made beret at no charge to the client.
• The hat's colors are sunny oranges with a touch of cornsilk yellow. There's a touch of shiny yellow silk fibers that circle the side and top of the hat. The peapod of the hat is a cornsilk yellow color.
• The hat has a beret shape. On top, there's an organic-shaped peapod that circles toward itself. There's an orange-colored, machine top-stitching alongside the edge of the hat.
• This handcrafted hat is created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magic stuff!
• The hat measures 3.75" / 9.5 cm in height and 11.75 / 30 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.1 oz. / 89 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: it's a medium small-sized hat and fits a range of 22" / 56 to 22.5" / 57.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
I write this review on behalf of Mrs M, my 85years young friend, who is absolutely thrilled with the Beret you created for her. To see the joy when she opened the package and then proceeded to find garments and accessories in her wardrobe to coordinate with it....... was priceless. Thank you Juliane for your Creative Skill and Craftsmanship.......... your Care and Consideration when the original beret went missing......... and your constant communication across the Globe. I look forward to sharing images of the beret as it undertakes its new adventures.