Ruffled Blues Felted Beret
Oh Ocean-loving folks, do you need to be near the sea? This felted beret in a range of blues will remind you of when sunlight pierces the ocean's waves.
• This hat has a beautiful medley of blue tones, which include a greenish-aqua and darker turquoise. Additionally, there are shiny highlights from silk fibers that dapple and decorate.
• The hat is shaped like a beret and has organic-shaped ruffles which swirl across the top. You can turn the hat slightly sideways so that the waves flow differently. Machine top-stitching partially encircles the edge which adds to the hat's style.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - MEDIUM, and fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 22.75" / 58 cm.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 12" / 31.5 cm in width.
• The inside of the hat is finished off with a 1" wide, turquoise-colored grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship, with complimentary shipping within the USA.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.