~ Adopted ~ Rust Colored Felted Beret
Sorry, but this Rust Colored Felted Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Rust Colored Felted Beret is easy to wear and will spice up your winter with its warm colors and classic shape.
• The hat is multicolored, red-orange with poppy red on the top.
• The hat is shaped like a beret and has top-stitching around the edge to help give it a crisp shape. On the top of the hat, there is a 'mini pagoda' made of two rings of concentric circles.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM: fits a range of 22" / 56 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
I was thrilled to hear that Juliane was coming to my city of Providence, Rhode Island to sell her hats at the Rhode Island School of Design craft sale...not only to meet her after enjoying all her posts on Instagram (she’s terrific by the way) but for the opportunity to try on and play with many of her fabulous hats. I LOVE hats and hers are not only fun but so beautifully made. The felting on my chosen hat has the most beautiful colors, is so comfortable to wear and keeps my head really warm. I love it. Thank you, Juliane!