Seafoam Green Medieval Style Felted Hat that Covers Ears
This Seafoam Green Medieval Style Felted Hat that Covers Ears is reminiscent of the kinds of traditional Kokoshnik headdresses that women sometimes wear in Russia. Then again, it also resembles a hat worn in paintings from the Italian Renaissance. But, as I'm not an art historian, the specifics are less important. It is a hat to wear and be seen in ~yet~ it is also a hat to be mysterious in! Wear this one-of-a-kind, unique hat knowing that you will be the belle of the ball or the queen of your latte!
• This hat's colors are soft and delicate, ranging from sage to seafoam green, with hints of stronger turquoise. Decorating the tops and sides, there are flowing paisley inspired curlicues on silk fabric which are Nuno felted into the wool. Additionally, there's a touch of sparkle to the hat: iridescent green fabric is felted in here and there on the hat to add excitement and interest!
• The hat has a unique shape with an undulating brim that flatteringly frames the face. Across the crown, there are two raised ridges with topstitching. There is also stitching along the edge of the brim. The wearer's face peeks out from under the brim, sweetly hugged by the asymmetrical ear flaps.
You can turn this hat around so that the front is the back and vice a versa.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from superfine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt. In addition, there is Margilan Silk fabric felted in for delightful shine and texture.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 6.5" / 16.5 cm in height and 13.5" / 34 cm in width.
• It's a mediumweight thickness of felt and weighs 4.6 oz. / 131 gm.
• Size MEDIUM: it fits a medium headsize - 22" / 56 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.